Translate

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The City of Smiles: My Hometown

It's my Dad's Birthday TODAY but I'm not at home... I just called my Mom... And maybe we are going to celebrate it this Friday... I'm blogging now because maybe I wont be able to do it by tomorrow cause of the GOING HOME effect... Wew! I sure miss my City... The City of Smiles... :)


I was born in Bacolod City and its known for its Masskara Festival and Sugarcane Industry. We have a nice history regarding this festival of ours which is celebrated every October. We also have Bacolaudiat Festival which was later formed by the Fil-Chi community in our city and is celebrated every January or February depending on the month the Chinese New Year falls. Panaad Festival which is a combination of all Festivals held in the municipalities and other cities of Negros Occidental is also another festival celebrated every April in our city.


Last year, I was able to have a short vacation leave besides our hectic schedule and so I went back to my hometown and celebrate the Masskara Festival together with the Supahfrends.


I was able to visit our Government Center and took some photos with the Giant Paper Boats floating in the fountain. These were made by Famous Creative People in our City







.
One of the cutest Paper Boats I so loved is this... The one with lovers... hehe... Truly Creative...
So why don't you come and try to visit Bacolod City, The City of Smiles. You will surely enjoy and be accommodated by friendly and hospitable people wearing their best smiles...

It's always best to visit and travel especially during festivals and grand events... so don't wait till the festival already ended and Reis Your Heart out and Go! Enjoy Life!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment