Translate

Friday, August 31, 2012

Friends Along the Way

The month of August seems like a month of travel back and back again from Bacolod City to Cebu City. I have to go back and process papers to Cebu. I have done this for 3-4 times in just one month and imagine how exhausting it is to travel for 8 hours where in you can even barely have the complete time to rest and sleep plus the cost of travel. Wew! This has been a very busy travel month for me. But along the way, I met  a lot of people from Chinese Sisters, Schoolmates with common friends, Classmates, Relatives, Neighbors and most of all a Friendly Seatmate in the Bus. In my travel during the last week of August, I met this witty girl who became my friend. Since I got so bored, I decided to invite her and tour around Lapu-Lapu City in Cebu.


I toured her to Mactan Shrine together with her boyfriend. Mactan Shrine is a very famous spot in Mactan Island. One of Philippines' National Hero, Lapu-Lapu, has a monument in the shrine. In addition, every April, "Kadaugan Festival" is being celebrated to commemorate how Lapu-Lapu fought the Spaniards and won the battle by defeating Magellan and his men. A reenactment or play is being shown and there are lots of food booths from the famous hotels in Mactan. Also, the souvenirs are very cheap. I recommend you this place once you step foot in Lapu-Lapu City, Mactan Island, Cebu.


Lapu-Lapu's Monument


Beautiful and cheap accessories sold in the place.


Unique and Affordable Souvenirs

Mactan Shrine has a lot more to offer than this but I'll show you more on my next post. I'll have to rest and take a break for a while. Reis Your Heart out and believe!



No comments:

Post a Comment